Applications for the 2017 Student Advisory Board NOW OPEN!
If you're a student (or know someone who is) at one of our 'Adopt a Section' partner schools, applications are now open for our 2017 Board.
What qualities should Student Advisory Board members have?
Student Board members should be:
- Enthusiastic ambassadors for the Adopt a Section programme – at school and in the wider community
- Interested in the conservation and restoration of natural places, especially the Abel Tasman National Park
- Enjoy being out in nature and being hands-on
- Positive contributors (good attitude, willing to be a productive part of a team, respectful of the ideas and opinions of others, reliable, etc.)
What can Student Advisory Board members expect to get out of the experience?
- Fun, a sense of purpose and belonging, and development of your own skills and goals
- Opportunities to lead: meetings, events or something else you are passionate about
- Gaining knowledge about the natural world and the issues faced in the Abel Tasman NP
- The chance to work side-by-side with scientists and other experts
- Access to many passionate people who want to inspire you and help you reach your goals
You'll find more information and the application documents here.