2016 SAB Retreat at Waiharakeke!
What a great way to start a new year off with a new leadership team than to have a weekend getaway in the Abel Tasman from the 20th to the 22nd of February!
The student leadership team gathered at Totaranui to start the weekend off with a walk to Camp HQ at Waiharakeke.
The focus of the weekend is to come together as a team, learn and hone leadership and teamwork skills, and grow our expertise in conservation and understanding of the environment.
Highlights of the weekend included:
- Fabulous food from Kathy - who joined us from Onetahua marae
- Fresh water fish monitoring - including putting out g-minnow traps and spotlighting for fish
- Crossing the Awaroa inlet and getting a tour of the hut warden's quaters - what a view!
- Visits and presentations from Devon from Project Janszoon and Chris from DOC
- FUN times getting to know this great group - playing games, talking, and waking up to our own playlist
Have a look at the photos from the weekend to see this wonderful team in action!